The National Association of Realtors says that last year around 80% of people turned to the internet when looking for a new home – this is great news as it allows Realtors to showcase property in more ways than ever before so the buyer can find out more and more about a property before viewing it!
US News Online suggests "Six Secrets of Internet Home Buying" however this is very broad and perhaps buyers could consider the following 6 steps:
1. Get preapproved for a mortgage! – This is one of the most important steps, yet many buyers start looking for property with a Realtor and online without planning for the financial side.
2. Find the right tools for your home search – Contact The Raines Group for real estate advice, arm yourself with a good mapping tool – Google Maps for instance as well as utilizing The Raines Group’s detailed neighborhood infomation pages.
3. Use the tools together in harmony – HOWEVER! Remember that the best way for up to date local information is to speak with your Real Estate professional – they will always be on hand to answer questions.
4. Use the MLS Search effectively, get involved in the search process with your agent!
5. Manage the flow of information – Why go hunting for information on an area, utilize features such as RSS feed subscriptions (which are free) and this blog has one! (This way you get regular updates to you!)
6. Find a blog (but you have already found us, 🙂 so one less thing to do!) blogs are a great way of learning about the area that you are searching for a home in as well as a great resource after you have purchased for local news and events.
If you are considering purchasing a home in New Albany or any of the other local Central Ohio Village Communities? Then please contact the Raines Group for professional and timely real estate advice.