However in addition to the regular tips which we have provided over the years, including: taking down personal photos, decluttering, applying a fresh coat of paint and making minor repairs etc.
There are other ways in which you can help buyers through the door. Buyers want space, light, open floor plans and more storage capability. Even if you live in a cookie-cutter home, you can make it stand out. Americans are projected to spend $217 billion on home remodeling in 2009. Remember what it was like when you looked at your property for the first time before you signed on the dotted line?
1. Going green. Energy efficient products and household goods are attractive to buyers. Things such as better insulation, replacing old windows, and adding skylights can increase value.
2. Crown molding and wider baseboards. The basic baseboard that builders often use in tract homes doesn’t draw attention. Adding a wider baseboard and a fresh coat of paint makes the room come to life.
3. Textured paint. Faux finishes, accented walls, or even just a little fresh paint on them makes a lasting impression. Choose colors and textures wisely. Don’t get too carried away!
4. Improved flooring. Wood, tile, and new carpet can be a showstopper, inspect your flooring for faults!
5. Add a deck. Adding a deck can add value to your home. It’s a nice feature in a yard and many buyers are happy to purchase a home that already has a deck so that they don’t have to take on that home improvement project – imagine those lazy summer days barbecuing on the deck? If you can, you can bet your buyer will!
Hopefully with these tips you will have a great head start in preparing your home for a quick sale!
Looking to buy a home or sell a home? We can help!
If you are looking to purchase a property in New Albany, Gahanna, Blacklick, Westerville, or another Central Ohio community, please contact The Raines Group. We offer professional real estate advice and are happy to help you achieve your real estate goals. Please contact us today via our online contact form or by calling The Raines Group at 614-418-7417.