The heart of Americana will be illuminating the Columbus area in the next few weeks. With the Franklin County Fair in full swing through Saturday, and The Ohio State Fair coming in just 5 days there is plenty for fair goers of all ages to see and do.
The Franklin County Fair features contests galore including a pie eating contest, bread juggling, and a duct tape contest (whatever that is?) as well as a tractor pull, car derby, and bull riding this weekend.
With all of its authenticity the Franklin County Fair is a sight, yet it is just the opening act. The Ohio State Fair is the main event. If it happened in Ohio in the past year you can see it here.
To just give a taste of whats to see here is a mini list of some of the hits.
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
- Budweiser Clydesdales, 10 am – 9 pm
- Fireworks presented by Team Realtree Outdoor Energy, the Sportsman’s Drink at the Fair, 9:45 pm
- Giant Slide, 10 am – 11 pm
- Live Shark Encounter presented by WWHO, 10 am – 9 pm with shows daily at 1 pm, 3 pm, 7 pm
- Petting Zoo, 10 am – 10 pm
- Sand Sculpture, 11 am – 6 pm
- Pig Races presented by Classic Hits 103.9, 12:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:30 pm, 6:30 pm
- Pony Rides, 10 am – 10 pm
- Daily Parade presented by WINK 107.1, 4 pm
Thursday, July 28
- Wood B Creations Chainsaw Carving, 1 pm, 3 pm, 5 pm, 7 pm
- Central Ohio Model Railroad Club Exhibit, 10 am – 9 pm
- Monster Mural, 11 am – 7 pm
Like I said, this is just for starters. To get the FULL LIST go here.
If you are looking to buy or sell a property in New Albany, Gahanna, Blacklick, Westerville, or another Central Ohio community, please contact The Raines Group. We offer professional real estate advice and are happy to help you achieve your real estate goals. Please contact us today via our online contact form or by calling The Raines Group at 614-418-7417.