When you’re selling your home, it’s important to consider what the buyer will experience as he or she enters the home for the first time. Here are a few additional things to take note of.
Take a whiff. If your house has an odor, that is a huge turnoff to buyers. Make sure it smells nice and clean. You should also make sure you have a fresh air filter.
Look around for anything that needs to be fixed. Buyers feel that a house is not well cared for if there are items throughiout the home that need to be repaired.
- Make sure that all your doors work properly. Repair or replace them, if necessary.
- Remove extraneous extension cords and exposed wires.
- Clean, repair and paint all gutters and down spouts.
- Fix dripping faucets as they may lead buyers to question the plumbing system.
- Double check that all light switch and outlet covers are on.
- Send your pets to Grandma’s house. A barking dog is unwelcoming. Plus, buyers may be allergic to your pets.
- Do a pre-inspection of your home.
- Do a pre-appraisal of your home.
- Hire a professional stager.
- Don’t be afraid to accept the first offer. The first offer is most often your best offer.
- Obtain a floor plan of your home, if possible.
- Assemble house records for the buyer to review.
- Consider only written offers from lender pre-qualified buyers.
- Enlist the services of a Realtor with a professional marketing program, such as The Raines Group, to effectively showcase your home using both traditional and digital methods.
If you are looking to buy or sell a property in New Albany, Gahanna, Blacklick, Westerville, or another Central Ohio community, please contact The Raines Group. We offer professional real estate advice and are happy to help you achieve your real estate goals. Please contact us today via our online contact form or by calling The Raines Group at 614-418-7417.