Hard to believe that December is already here. Although it’s the perfect time to stay cozy at home, there are several holiday-themed things to do in Central Ohio this month. Along with the upcoming college sports schedule, we’ve included a few tips to help Central Ohio home buyers save money this winter.
Holiday Events in Central Ohio
- The Alliance Chorus will perform Harmonies for the Holidays at the Fawcett Center in Columbus. The performance starts on December 8 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tickets cost $15.
- New Albany will be holding a holiday celebration at the Plain Township Fire Station on December 2 at 2:00 p.m. There will be kid’s activities including cookie decorating and holiday music.
- Visit Winter Wonderland in Gahanna during the month of December. Check out the Creekside Park lights, decorated houses and be on the lookout for the Gahanna Mill Race.
Central Ohio Sporting Events
The Buckeyes have several home games lined up for December. Be sure to get your tickets if you want to see Ohio State in action at the Schottenstein Center in Columbus, OH. Here’s their upcoming schedule:
- Northern Kentucky – December 1 at 4:30 p.m.
- Long Beach State – December 8 at 12 p.m.
- Savannah State – December 12 at 7 p.m.
- UNC Asheville – December 15 at 12 p.m.
- Winthrop – December 18 at 7 p.m.
- Kansas – December 22 at 4 p.m.
- Chicago State – December 29 at 4:30 p.m.
Stay Warm This Winter
We all know that the heating bills go up in the winter. Here are a few ways to warm your Central Ohio home without having to turn up the thermostat.
- Leave the bathroom or oven door open after you’ve taken a hot shower or finished baking, respectively.
- Open the curtains during the day to let sunlight in your home, while closing the curtains after sunset.
- Insulate the edges of windows and doors with weather stripping or caulk.
- If you have a spare bedroom you rarely use, close off the vents that lead to it.
We hope you and your family have a safe and happy holiday season.