With cold weather ahead of us, Central Ohio has several indoor events lined up this month and next. Whether you want to catch a basketball game or see a show, you’re sure to find something interesting to do. Find out if these upcoming events are close to your Central Ohio neighborhood.
Columbus, Ohio’s Winter Shows and Exhibitions
- The Ohio Expo Center in Columbus, OH will be holding the Great Train Expo in the Lausche Building from 10 am to 4 pm from January 19 – 20. See model trains, workshops, demonstrations, collectors and plenty more!
- The North American Pizza and Ice Cream Show will be held at the Greater Columbus Convention Center from February 17 – 18 starting at 10:30 am. Check out the Pizza Pizzazz Competition, where 75 contestants battle for the best pizza. Three winners will be selected from six finalists.
In addition there will be drawings throughout for attendees with rewards that include iPads and cash prizes. Sign up to attend.
Central Ohio’s Family Friendly Events
- Kidzapalooza will be going on in the Ohio Expo Center’s Celeste Center on January 19. Enjoy family-fun activities throughout the day. Register today or register as a group. Information on admission and times to be announced.
- On the same day, the Expo Center will be hosting the Ohio Indoor Kart Series. Check out professional go-kart racers at the O’Neill Building. Admission is $15 for adults.
- Gahanna will be holding a Prom Dress Drive on February 23 from 10 am to 2 pm at the Gahanna Golf Course Pro Shop. Stop by with your gently used prom ware that includes dresses, shoes and accessories. Items will benefit teens who want to go to prom.
Support the Buckeyes Basketball Team
Why watch it on TV when you can see it in person? Below is the schedule for the Ohio State Basketball Home Games. Don’t forget to purchase your tickets.
- Michigan – January 19 at 6 pm
- Iowa – January 22 at 6:30 pm
- Wisconsin – January 29 at 7 pm
- Indiana – February 10 at 1 pm
- Northwestern – February 14 at 7 pm
- Minnesota – February 20 at 7 pm
- Michigan State – February 24 at 6 pm
Know of any winter events happening in the Central Ohio community? Please feel free to let us know!