Powell is a Central Ohio city in Delaware County, approximately twenty miles north of Columbus. Recognized as one of the best places to live in the country, Powell has gained considerable praise for its employment, schools and inviting atmosphere. Homes typically fall within the high-$300,000 to $400,000 price range.
The Powell Community
Powell is a scenic city with a population of just over 11,500. Residents have many chances to connect with their neighbors through a variety of events the city hosts throughout the year. Some events that are coming up soon include the Memorial Day Parade and a children’s summer concert series. Powell Festival starts June 28, a two-day event with food, games, music and fireworks.
Schools in Powell, OH
Families in Powell have their choice of public schools in the Olentangy Local School District and private schools under Village Academy. Many Olentangy schools have been ranked highly according to GreatSchools.com. The following public schools are located close to Powell homebuyers:
- Tyler Run Elementary
- Indian Springs Elementary
- Wyandot Run Elementary
- Liberty Tree Elementary
- Liberty Elementary
- Albert Chapman Elementary
- Olentangy Liberty Middle
- Hyatts Middle
- Olentangy Liberty High
Recreation and Things to Do in Powell, OH
- Named one of America’s ‘Tree Cities,’ Powell has several miles of walking trails and eight parks. Residents can explore the pathways, take the kids to the playground, have a game of soccer on the playing fields, relax in the gazebos and more.
- The Safari Golf Club offers Powell golfers an 18-hole course right next to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium.
- Homebuyers can pick from all kinds of great restaurants and bars. Check out C. Williams Bistro for high end dining, try authentic Italian at Vittoria Ristorante, or sample Greek cuisine at Easy Street Café.
- Polaris Fashion Place, Powell Center and Liberty-Grace Plaza are conveniently located near many Powell homes and offer a range of shopping selections.