First impressions count. If you are selling your home, creating a memorable first impression is one of the most important things that you can do. We have made it easy to do with just ten simple steps:
- Clean up your yard. Mow the lawn, prune the bushes, remove dead tree branches, and remove outdoor furniture you do not plan on taking.
- Clean the front door and paint if necessary.
- Clean out closets and storage areas. You can donate old clothes and furniture which show that these areas provide great storage space.
- Professionally clean the carpeting. This is especially important if the carpeting will remain for the home buyers.
- Flip every switch in the house to make sure that the electrical works throughout the house.
- Caulk around the tubs and sinks; new caulking looks better than old caulking.
- Replace light bulbs with new ones and use as much wattage as the fixture will take. Illumination is key when trying to make the home seem light and open.
- Tour the home from the perspective of a first time visitor. Is there anything that might look off-putting to a visitor?
- If you have a pet, make arrangements for your pet to be elsewhere during a showing. Some visitors may have allergies, so you want to be considerate.
- Ask your broker to examine the property for specific showing tips to make your home unique when compared to others on the market.
For more information on how to make a fantastic first impression click here.