Are you trying to sell your Central Ohio home? Research shows that a lived-in home is more appealing to potential home buyers than an empty one. If you have already moved and are trying to sell a home that no one is living in here are a few tips that might make your home sell more quickly.
- Help the house look lived in: Have someone bring the mail in, open and close the curtains and perhaps even park a car in the driveway.
- Landscape: Make sure the lawn is mowed, the leaves are raked and flower beds are weeded.
- Pay attention to detail: Make sure that any chips or blemishes in the paint are touched up, that carpet is replaced if it needs to be and that in general your home looks clean and well-taken care of.
- Furniture: Leave as much furniture as possible or have a home staged. Again, the more lived-in a home appears, the more appealing it may be to a potential buyer.
- Utilities: Keep the utilities on. Make sure the lights work, the heating or air conditioning works, water, etc.
- Clean: Make sure your home remains clean. Hire a maid if you have to.
When it comes to real estate it is obviously more difficult to pay attention to the details if you have moved from the home that you are trying to sell. It will be worth your while to hire someone to keep an eye on your home, making sure that it looks as nice and lived-in as possible. A well-taken care of home will catch a buyer’s eye before an unkempt one.
If you are looking to sell a property in New Albany, Gahanna, Blacklick, Westerville, or another Central Ohio community, please contact The Raines Group. We offer professional real estate advice and are happy to help you achieve your real estate goals. Please contact us today via our online contact form or by calling The Raines Group at 614-418-7417.