As the leaves start changing and the weather gets cooler, it’s a good time to get out and see what’s happening in Central Ohio. Here are a few events and seasonal information happening in and around New Albany, Gahanna and Columbus neighborhoods.
November Festivals and Things to Do in Central Ohio
- The 57th annual Columbus International Festival takes place from November 3 through November 4 at the Veteran’s Memorial. This amazing event will feature international foods to sample, live entertainment, kids’ activities, and a Parade of Nations. There will even be a 5K run on the second day of the event. You won’t want to miss out on this incredible Columbus festival.
- Gahanna’s last Paws in the Plaza event of the year takes place November 1 at the Creekside Plaza. Take your pooch around Old Gahanna, visit pet-friendly businesses and check out animal rescues, services and giveaways.
- Gahanna residents should be sure to check out the community Winter Wonderland Festival on November 10 at 6 p.m. Get an early jump on the holiday season by checking out the festive lights and decorations around Creekside Island.
Central Ohio Leaf Collection Tips
Central Ohio home sellers are sure to be out raking their front lawns in the upcoming days. Although leaf pick-ups vary by neighborhood and city, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Don’t park on the street. This makes it easier for leaf pickup crews to get to your leaves without having to dodge parked cars.
- Try not to get debris like trash, broken glass, and branches into your leaf piles.
- Have your leaves on the curb the day before pickup.
Central Ohio Leaf Collection Schedules
The New Albany, OH Schedule:
- Oct. 29 – Nov. 2 South of Dublin-Granville
- Nov. 5-9 North of Dublin-Granville
- Nov. 12-16 South of Dublin-Granville
- Nov. 19-21 North of Dublin-Granville
- Nov. 26-30 All of New Albany
The Westerville, OH Schedule:
- Zone 1: Oct 29 – Nov 2; Nov. 26 – 30
- Zone 2: Nov. 5 – 9; Dec. 3 – 7
- Zone 3: Nov. 12 – 16; Dec. 10 – 14
- Zone 4: Nov. 19 – 23; Dec. 17 – 21
The Dublin, OH Schedule:
- Collection 1 (north of Brand Rd., west of Riverside Dr.; east of 270, west of Riverside Dr.)
- November 5, November 19, December 3
- Collection 2 ( south of Brand Rd., west of 270; east of Riverside Dr., west of Sawmill Rd.)
- November 12, November 26, December 3
Let us know if you have any fall activities you’re planning to do in Central Ohio!