You’re sure to find something fun to do this month. Whether it’s art exhibits, concerts or outdoor events, there’s something for everyone. Find out what’s going on in your Central Ohio community this summer.
Arts Events in Central Ohio This June
The Granville Art Affair and Wine Festival will showcase the talent of local artists on June 7 at 5 p.m. Peruse paintings, sculptures, pottery, jewelry and photography on the Bryn Du Mansion Great Lawn, pictured here. The 2013 Columbus Arts Festival is happening now until June 9. Head over to the Riverfront to see the works of top artists and sample food from local restaurants. Surface Tension: The 2013 Greater Columbus Arts Council Visual Arts Awards Exhibition will be presented at the Columbus Museum of Art on June 14. The awards exhibition showcases the work of six local artists.
Central Ohio Music Events
There are many free outdoor summer concert series happening throughout Central Ohio communities. Here’s the lineup of bands playing this weekend:
- The Olde Souls and Makeshift Band will play in Worthington on June 9 at 7 p.m. as part of the Concert on the Green series, which features live music ever Sunday.
- Upper Arlington will hold Music in the Parks from June through August, every Thursday at 7 p.m. The rock/reggae group The Andy Shaw Band will play next on June 13.
- Enjoy an evening of jazz music by the Dave Powers Trio at the Marysville Wine and Jazz Fest on June 14.
- Powell will feature a children’s summer concert series at the Village Green Amphitheater. Madcap Puppets will perform June 10 at 10:30 a.m.
- The Sounds of Summer Concert series in Westerville will feature live music every Sunday. The Westerville Concert Band will kick off the series on June 9.
- The Solebrate Food and Music Festival in Hilliard will have a variety of bands and performers playing from June 21-23. Musicians include: Lo Cash Cowboys, The Professors, The Swing Band and more.
- Gahanna will hold the much-anticipated Creekside Blues and Jazz Festival from June 14-16. Performers include: Anthony Gomes, Kelly Richey Band, Marion Meadows with the Urban Jazz Coalition, Too Far North and more.
Outdoor Events in the Columbus Area
There are quite a few fun runs happening this month. Registration is required to participate, but you can still come out and cheer the runners on in the following races.
- Color Mania 5K in Columbus on June 8.
- Farm Fresh 5K in Blacklick on June 8.
- Columbus 10K on June 9.
- Run 4 the Rainbow 5K in New Albany on June 14.
What’s Happening in Your Neighborhood?
Do you know about an event happening in your Central Ohio neighborhood that wasn’t listed above? Please share it with us below!