Who doesn’t love the word “free?” Here at The Raines Group, we are constantly scouting for fun and free events that you and your entire family can enjoy in the Columbus area.
This month, we’re going to tell you about several events going on locally that may appeal to you. From a gospel festival to an art district tour, there’s always something fun and exciting going on in Central Ohio!
Take Your Loved Ones to These Upcoming Central Ohio Events
Columbus GospelFest: Come check out one of the largest gospel events in the city of Columbus. The singers are so talented and their music is sure to inspire and uplift you.
- When: Sept. 6
- Where: Genoa Park, 303 W. Broad St. in Columbus
- More Information: Call 614-401-6178 or visit www.columbusgospelfest.org
Arts District Gallery Tour: During the Short North Arts District Gallery Hop, you’ll converge with thousands of other visitors as you check out new art exhibits across dozens of galleries and non-traditional exhibit space. Mark your calendar: this fun event occurs every first Saturday of each month.
- When: 4 to 10 p.m. on Sept. 6
- Where: Short North Arts District, North High Street from Goodale Boulevard to Fifth Avenue in Columbus.
- More Information: Call 614-299-8050 or visit www.shortnorth.org
Old Hilliardfest: Bring your family to this annual festival that includes a car show, street fair, live entertainment on multiple stages and so much more.
- When: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sept. 13
- Where: Downtown Hilliard, 5344 Center Street
- More Information: Call 614-664-3290 or visit www.oldhilliardfest.org
2014 Central Ohio Kidney Walk: Presented by the National Kidney Foundation, this event is actually the country’s largest walk to fight kidney disease. It is held in almost 100 communities and raises awareness and funds for lifesaving programs.
- When: 8 a.m. to noon on Sept. 21
- Where: Huntington Park, 330 Huntington Park in Columbus
- More Information: Call 614-882-6184 or visit nkfofohio.org
River South ArtWalk and Landmarks Talk: These free, hour-long guided tours are led by expert historians and guides. This walking tour will give you a greater appreciation of the art, history and architecture of our various Columbus neighborhoods.
- When: 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Sept. 28
- Where: St. John’s Church, 59 E. Mount Street in Columbus
- More Information: Call 614-221-4508 or visit columbuslandmarks.org
Who Wouldn’t Want to Live in the Columbus Ohio Area?
I hope you get a chance to check out at least one of these free events going on in Central Ohio this month. If you do, please let me know what you think of it!
And for more information on various events in the area, please head over to our Community Events Page.
Ready to take that next step toward making the Columbus, OH area your permanent home? Then don’t hesitate to contact us at The Raines Group. We have years of experience helping home buyers just like you and we would be happy to assist!
Until next time,
The Raines Group